lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs on transfers with many short packets

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs on transfers with many short packets
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:20:17 +0100

On 26 May 2010, at 06:54, multiplex wrote:

> Kieran Mansley wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 11:10 -0700, multiplex wrote:
>>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> I would use the LWIP_STATS code to identify if there is some resource
>> within lwIP that is running low.
>>
>> Kieran
>>

> Thanks Kieran - Here are two printouts for the display_stats(). The first
> one is when everything is still going well; the second when it hangs

Unfortunately there's nothing there to point a finger a what might have gone
wrong.  All the resources seem fine: there is plenty of everything available,
and it doesn't seem like anything has run out at any point.

> (note:
> it is only lwIP that hangs - I still have serial - and if we disconnect and
> wait really really really long, the connection will closely nicely).

Can you explain that in more detail?  Can you be precise about what you mean by
disconnect and how long a really really really long time is?  If lwIP has hung,
I wouldn't expect it to do anything no matter how long you wait.

Thanks

Kieran