lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPP server help appreciated

From: Douglas Atique
Subject: [lwip-users] PPP server help appreciated
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:57:17 -0300

Hi,

I am an lwIP beginner and I am trying to put together a simple PPP server, but I am overwhelmed. Is there any sample PPP server out there where I could start?

What about initialization boilerplate code? I haven't found an example of a main function in the contrib tarball.

In my test setup, an external PPP client will connect to the lwIP-based PPP server through a Winsock socket, instead of a real serial interface. Is the example loop in (http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/os.html) up to date? The get_packet() call in that code seems to get a packet from the network interface. What is hidden under the hood there? Are there any examples on creating a "device driver" for use with lwIP? An example would be very helpful.

On the other end of the stack, I intend to create a listening TCP socket on top of lwIP to accept a connection initiated by the PPP client and send some "hello world" greeting over the PPP connection. I am interested in using the raw API, since I intend to create an event-driven single-threaded server. Does PPP integrate well with the raw API?

I appreciate any pointers to examples, tutorials, API documents, anything that can fill in these gaps.

Cheers,
Douglas