lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] questions (help and advice needed)

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] questions (help and advice needed)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:19:45 -0500

I use the Raw API mode of lwIP with an OS, but the OS is cooperative (not
preemptive).  I run a task that processes packets running forever with one
yield to give other tasks a chance to run.  The callbacks from doing so are
handled as they come in.  By definition they are done in the same task.  I
do have other tasks that send data as needed but since my RTOS is
cooperative it never occurs during a time that would be bad or corrupt data
within lwIP.

I think the Raw API would be fairly easy to use with a preemptive RTOS using
a Mutex around all calls to lwIP. You would need some mechanism to not spin
forever processing packets - maybe a delay of some time to let other tasks
run.  Calls in other tasks to tcp_write and so on need to be mutexed as a
group.

Bill