lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP driver from lwIP

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP driver from lwIP
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:56:13 -0400

Maybe you (lwIP developers) shouldn't use the term STABLE because not having
it implies UNSTABLE which is far from the truth.  If no one used an RC
because it's an RC, then the risk of problems in the STABLE release is much
higher.  We've been shipping 1.4 in 4 products long before an RC was even
released.  If I've done my homework (i.e. testing) then whatever is there is
STABLE as far as I'm concerned because I don't find problems.  It's not like
this is 1.0 - it's 1.4.  IMO the more of us who use the latest release (RC
or not) the better for everyone, and the sooner we will have a more "stable"
release.

Bill