lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] at ZeroWindowProbe the response is not ZeroWindowProbeA

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] at ZeroWindowProbe the response is not ZeroWindowProbeAck
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 09:44:59 +0100

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 15:56 +0100, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 16:53 +0200, Thomas Richter (TCD - DE/Dresden)
> wrote:
> > The Wireshark analysis gives me the result: "This frame ACKs a segment
> > we have not seen (lost?)"
>
> That's odd.  Can you send a copy of the packet capture so I can take a
> look?

I've had a look at the packet capture and the wireshark analysis is
wrong.  The segment being acked is definitely in the capture, so I'm not
sure why it is flagging it like that.  Perhaps it ignores zero-window
probes when deciding if a sequence has been seen or not?  Either way, I
don't think this warning is anything to worry about.

Kieran