lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re transmission problem?

From: Phil Perryman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re transmission problem?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

I have just tried Jordan's approach setting NO_SYS_NO_TIMERS=1.  A timer
interrupt is set up to trigger every 250ms which generates do_tcp_fasttmr
and do_tcp_slowtmr flags which are polled in main.c in order to call
tcp_fasttmr and tcp_slowtmr.

This yields a 6% increase in bandwidth over using the sys_check_timeouts
method and having an interrupt which triggers every 10ms in order to
generate a timestamp for the sys_now function.

Are there any disadvantages to using the faster method compared to using
sys_check_timeouts? ie. is it less reliable?

Phil