lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re transmission problem?

From: Tyrel Newton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re transmission problem?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:21:57 -0700

On 5/17/2011 10:02 AM, Jordan Dean wrote:

1.3.0 (which is still what Xilinx ships) to 1.4RC2 (although I believe I've
pulled all of the diffs between that and official 1.4).  This is with
checksums offloaded, raw mode.

The fact that Xilinx hasn't upgraded is either pure laziness on their part,
or it's much harder to get it working for socket mode, I only use RAW and it
was a fairly trivial set of changes.

-Jordan
Socket mode works just fine. I have each mode of lwIP working just fine on the MicroBlaze with FreeRTOS. I think the EDK platform and associated drivers are just a very low priority for Xilinx. I also saw a significant speedup when moving to 1.4, but it was more because I ditched the bloated drivers provided by Xilinx rather than simply upgrading lwIP.

Tyrel