lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] a beginners questions about lwip, sockets and threads

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] a beginners questions about lwip, sockets and threads
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:30:26 +0100

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 15:14 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> 1. Can I use threads? One to receive and one to transmit data and
> then
> check if the data arrives correctly?

You can, but I would do it all in one thread, and use poll() to
determine when each socket needs attention (either sending or
receiving).

> 2. Should I use TCP or UDP-sockets (SOCK_STREAM/SOCK_DGRAM)

Either.

> 3. Are the unit tests for porting or for the developers of the stack?
> (I've looked for info on this but I haven't found an answer yet)

Not really, no.

> 4. I'm currently running 1.3.2 is there any reason to upgrade to
> 1.4.0
> besides the new number?

Yes: (i) you're likely to get much better support from the developers if
you're using 1.4.0; (ii) lots of bug fixes; (iii) improved performance;
(iv) etc!

Kieran