lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port

From: Rahul Gundecha
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:12:20 +0530

Hi all,

Have anyone used IPv6 with the Unix port for lwip?  I am facing some issues while using IPv6 on Linux using lwip.

Is there any detailed documentation about the unix port? I went through README which gives detailed instructions for building and running the port, however no information is found related to internals.

Here is the detailed description of my problem:
I am using unixsim project to test the IPv6 support. I modified the Makefile of unixsim to include compilation of CORE6FILES (IPv6 specific files).
Also added lwipopts.h in lwip sources (./src/include/lwip/lwipopts.h) and set the MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT to a larger value (5+) to eliminate the error that MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is empty.

When "simhost" is ran, a timer periodically calls nd6_tmr() only to find that the neighbor cache is still empty.
And as I see there is only one call to netif_ip6_addr_set_state() where state is non-IP6_ADDR_INVALID. This call is in nd6_tmr(), which is invoked when there is a non-zero value of prefix_list[i].invalidation_timer. This value becomes non-zero when Router Advertisement is received.
I ran radvd on tap0 interface, to enable Router Advertisements.

Linux: 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE
lwip: Latest HEAD from git
lwip-contrib: Latest HEAD from git
radvd: Version 1.1