lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:09:26 +0100

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 15:28 +0530, Rahul Gundecha wrote:
> Running tcpdump shows that tap0 sends Router Solicitation and Router
> Advertisements. But no other packet hits tap0 interface.

In that case I would start looking at why the lwIP end of the tap link
doesn't think it has received a router advertisement as from your
previous description that seems to be the problem.

Perhaps lwIP isn't automatically assigning an IPv6 address to its end of
the link (I would be surprised if it did) and so you would have to
arrange for this to happen, but I'm not sure of the exact commands to do
this as the IPv6 code is new enough that I haven't experimented with it
yet.

Kieran