lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] inet_chksum.c misbehaving with compiler optimisation?

From: Stephen Cleary
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] inet_chksum.c misbehaving with compiler optimisation?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:57:52 +0000

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a timing issue.

We are (currently) running lwIP 1.3.2 with FreeRTOS 4.8.0, on SAM7_GCC
(GCC/ARM7_AT91SAM7S) with EMAC code from lwip_Demo_Rowley_ARM7.

We don't override LWIP_CHKSUM, so the standard (Version #1)
lwip_standard_chksum from inet_chksum.c is the checksum code we use. We
normally compile inet_chksum.c with -O1 (even in debug mode, for code size
reasons), and we don't see the problems you're seeing.

       -Steve