lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 bug-fix release

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 bug-fix release
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:47:38 +0100

> > I'm confused because it hasn't been updated since 2011-12-15.
> > So it does not include the recent bug fixes?
>
> That's because I fix bugs on the master branch and have to backport
> them to the 1.4.1 branch. I simply haven't found the time to do so for
> the latest fixes.

> Aside from actively discussing a fix fo bug #25882, testing the 1.4.1
> branch is always welcome! Again, I hope to just get a fix out for that
> bug in the next weeks, so we can have a beta/RC for 1.4.1. I still
also
> need to merge the lates bugfixes from master to 1.4.1, but as these
are
> not much, that doesn't take long.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your work on merging bug fixes to the 1.4.1 branch.

I use this branch and test it regularly. It globally works fine.
I need to check/fix 3 things:
1. fix bug #35531 I discovery today
2. check TCP close() with the recent changes
3. I will need SNMP soon and I think there's a bug in request handling
(receive a GET with more requests than pool size can contain)

Would be nice to have:
- use only one include directory (merge v4 and v6 into lwIP, remove v6
on 1.4.1 ?, posix sub-directories for in.h/inet.h/sockets.h ?)
- split public and internal APIs to separate header files

--
Stephane