lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 bug-fix release

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 bug-fix release
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:17:13 +0100

"Stephane Lesage" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for your work on merging bug fixes to the 1.4.1 branch.
>
> I use this branch and test it regularly. It globally works fine.
> I need to check/fix 3 things:
> 1. fix bug #35531 I discovery today

Thanks For reporting, I'll fix that one.

> 2. check TCP close() with the recent changes
> 3. I will need SNMP soon and I think there's a bug in request handling
> (receive a GET with more requests than pool size can contain)

Please report any bugs you find as soon as possible, I'd like to release 1.4.1
soon. Although we'll have RC releases first, I guess.

> Would be nice to have:
> - use only one include directory (merge v4 and v6 into lwIP, remove v6
> on 1.4.1 ?, posix sub-directories for in.h/inet.h/sockets.h ?)
> - split public and internal APIs to separate header files

These two really would be nice to have, but as a bug fix release, I want the
upgrade to be as simple as possible, so I wouldn't want to change the directory
layout.

Simon