lwip-users

[lwip-users] IP header checksum problem with lwip-1.4.1 on Win XP with w

From: Moldenhauer, Frank
Subject: [lwip-users] IP header checksum problem with lwip-1.4.1 on Win XP with winpcap
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:59:16 +0200

Hi,

I just compiled lwIP-1.4.1 with contrib-1.4.1 and WinPcap 4.1.2 on Win XP with
MSVC. Ping worked well, but not httpd. I switched debug messages on
(/contrib-1.4.1/ports/win32/include/lwipopts.h) and got
tcp_input: packet discarded due to failing checksum
error messages, caused by tcp_in.c:
      LWIP_DEBUGF(TCP_INPUT_DEBUG, ("tcp_input: packet discarded due to failing
checksum 0x%04"X16_F"\n", ...
inet_checksum.c:  inet_chksum_pseudo()
I disabled checksum computation setting #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP  0 in
/lwip-1.4.1/src/include/lwip/opt.h and httpd seems to be ok (I get the
index.html page).

Has anyone encountered the same problem or any idea what's wrong (transfer
seems ok, error in IP header checksum computation)?

Thanks

Frank