lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf handling / possible bug?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf handling / possible bug?
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 20:37:54 +0200

Michael Steinberg wrote:
I could not find a mechanism where lwip notifies me that a lwip-pbuf is
available again

LWIP_HOOK_MEMP_AVAILABLE(memp_t_type)

Now during my custom pbuf usage I ran across situations, were lwip would
call mem_trim or other such functions, not checking for whether the
custom-pbuf-flag is set. A notable occasion would f.e. be in line
"pbuf.c":417.

That would be a bug. For these, we have a bug-tracker to ensure things don't get lost.

In my eyes it might be a lot clearer if custom pbufs are
not indicated by a flag bit, but by their own type maybe?

This is not what "custom" pbufs are meant for. They are meant to behave like their type indicates, only they are taken from different memory - managed by a custom allocator/deallocator.

Simon