lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcpip thread / no_sys

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcpip thread / no_sys
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 20:51:46 +0200

Michael Steinberg wrote:
So the next step in my eyes is to replace the tcpip-thread alltogether with my own [..]
Does this make sense?

Absolutely. I did this as well in an environmnet not using sockets but only custom, lwIP-specific code.

You are right that there is "room for improvement" for timer handling in this case. When knowing the period of all timers, you can implement them decently by triggering them through a tcpip_callback-like trigger, but this is of course not portable when it comes to new versions of the stack that might implement new timer functions (e.g. IPv6).

There is already patch #7855 (Provide alternative timeout implementation) that might be a duplicate, but please do not hesitate to post improvement suggestions as a patch to the savannah tracker.

Simon