lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP/IP/PPP for bare-metal

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP/IP/PPP for bare-metal
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:10:26 +0200

Hi Ajay,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 07:38:16AM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:

> In the application that we have designed and coded so far, everything has
> been kept single-threaded only (so as now to have any dependency on any
> third-party embedded-device-vendors).
>
> So, it turns out, that we "do" need to use NO_SYS = 1
>
> But I get your point, it should be feasible to integrate the functionality
> with NO_SYS = 1 (though it might require some code-rearrangement in lwIP).

code-rearrangement *in* lwIP ? lwIP is fully designed to work with
NO_SYS = 1. Actually lwIP was first designed to work without an OS and
was next reworked to run in its own thread using a simple callback
through message box mechanism to keep it lightweight.

> Anyhow, if there are some examples of this particular scenario (NO_SYS = 1,
> everything within the main loop), kindly let know. It would save some time
> ticks for us :)

Again, lwIP contrib Git (and/or lwIP contrib releases) is more than
complete with comprehensive NO_SYS=0 and NO_SYS=1 examples.

Sylvain