lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multi-Threaded netconn API TCP application

From: Darius Babrauskas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multi-Threaded netconn API TCP application
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:41:34 +0300

Hi, Sylvain

Hi Darius,
On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:36:02AM +0300, Darius Babrauskas wrote:

About systimeouts I found her(old info):
http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Porting_for_an_OS

This is very outdated, sys_arch_timeouts() is not needed anymore circa
2011.

Its my opinion, because some year ago my experience was not
successful with linux port (works but unstable) .

In current linux  port I have a sighting in function "cond_wait"
which using gettimeofday:
We have depends to system time adjustments (ntp, user ...)
Maybe better solution use CLOCK_MONOTONIC...

You are right, CLOCK_REALTIME (the gettimeofday() timing source) is not
a nice timing source to get elapsed time, the port is now using
CLOCK_MONOTONIC. However I doubt that having used CLOCK_REALTIME instead
of CLOCK_MONOTONIC was enough to qualify the whole port as being
miswritten.
Of course, not whole port.

Why didn't you propose a patch when you noticed that several years ago ?

Maybe, not was supported the Linux port. Strange, that gettimeofday CLOCK_REALTIME was used long time. This can damage the test results. Exmp. NTP client can change systemtime at each half hour, some seconds, when your testing LWIP.

Sylvain