lwip-users

[lwip-users] Delays over WiFi

From: Mortimer76
Subject: [lwip-users] Delays over WiFi
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 01:35:36 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I got a working web server application using Redpine WiFi module in
combination with lwIP socket interface on a STM32 embedded system.

The JavaScript based HTML application at the client side starts a new post
operation to send data to the embedded system 100ms after it completed the
last post operation.

Normally a post operation against our self developed web server takes about
80ms.

Sometimes, 5 out of 10000 calls, it takes more than 3000ms to get new data
within lwip_recv().

It is possible that in an infrastructure with several WiFis a TCPIP call
fails and is not repeated automatically within 5 or more seconds?

Is there a way to optimize lwIP configuration for WiFi communication in
order to react on such delays?

On the client side there are no network errors detected. Also the delayed
post operations succeed without an exception.
99.95% take of all post operations take less then 100ms to complete and the
rest can take up to 5 seconds until the client terminates the session and
re-connects (which is developed by us so that we have no delays of up to
30000 seconds).

Any hints or proposals are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Marco