lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Ethernet (TCP and UDP) communication slows down an

From: Márk Bartha
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Ethernet (TCP and UDP) communication slows down and acting weird
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:16:19 +0200

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delayed answer.

I attached a Wireshark capture file that includes the last 3 successful communication cycles and then the slowdown.

I am not running RTOS. NO_SYS = 1

This is a single-threaded applications and all the work is done in the callback functions (ie. accept callback, receive callback for gathering the numbers and then sent callback for populating the send buffer and sending its content back to PC).

And lastly could you give some more information about what to check in my driver to make sure that all the frames are processed not only the first one?

Thanks,

Márk Bartha

Márk,
your post has a lot of info and I get confused following it. Can you please post a Wireshark capture file ?
Are running an RTOS ? NO_SYS = ?
All calls to lwIP functions on the same context ? I mean, you are not calling lwIP from rx interrupt and main loop/thread, are you ?
Last one, some people like to forget to extract ALL the frames from the eth controller, they get only the first one and when faced with real life having lots of frames on the wire, they start to experience weird stuff. Check your driver.