lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is LWIP_SUPPORT_CUSTOM_PBUF functionality proper ?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is LWIP_SUPPORT_CUSTOM_PBUF functionality proper ?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 12:18:34 +0100

Arpit Agarwal wrote:
> But Still I am unable to figure out Why Assertion fails happen or in which
> scenario it can happen.

Assertions are included in the code at various places to ensure data is as
expected.
The "custom_free_function" pointer is stored in RAM so even if initialized it
can be set to NULL
at some point. Being like that, I don't really understand your question, and
this might be
why noone answered.

If you happen to set the "custom_free_function" pointer to NULL (how that
happens
doesn't matter), you most probably will get a NULL pointer exception and this
assertion gives a better error message.

Oh, and in the special case of a "custom" pbuf, some code might think the
memory where
"custom_free_function" is stored is actually pbuf payload region and overwrite
it...

Simon