lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP with FreeRTOS memory problem

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP with FreeRTOS memory problem
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 08:14:34 +0000

Hi,

As a continuation to my earlier mail. I just remembered something so I added it here.

Several years ago when I started working with LwIP I had a similar problems to the one you raised.

System was working ok but out of the blue it crashed.

I got a project that someone else started and continued from there…

From examining the lwipopts and opts files and doing some debugging I found that my options were not properly set.

Especially the following:

//#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        20

#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        TCP_SND_QUEUELEN // 20  // This was previosly 20 and cause a MEM_ERR it was changed

                                                                                                                                  // to BE THE SAME SIZE AS TCP_SND_QUEUELEN

Originally MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG was a fixed number and was defined separately from TCP_SND_QUEUELEN.

I found the hard way that I am getting MEM_ERR because of the above. I did not had sufficient MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG

defined. After changing the above to what it is now those issues were solved.

Also see the following error (from LwIP init.c):

#error "lwip_sanity_check: WARNING: MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG should be at least as big as TCP_SND_QUEUELEN. If you know what you

                                   are doing, define LWIP_DISABLE_TCP_SANITY_CHECKS to 1 to disable this error."

The opts.h file defines MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG as a fixed value and that causes an error that I am probably not the only one

That encountered.

Hope that helped.

BR,

Noam.