lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Identifying the whether callback is from IPv6 or IPv4

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Identifying the whether callback is from IPv6 or IPv4
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:59:51 +0100

Aditya Prakash wrote:
> I may be incorrect here, but as far as I have gathered the
>NETIF_STATUS_CALLBACK
> is called for change in state for both IPv4 and IPv6.

Correct.

> Is there any mechanism or api that may help me identifying whether the call
> is from a v4 address or v6 address,

No, unfortunately, there isn't. However, I already had the idea of adding a
more detailed callback mechanism
where there's more information provided (e.g. from and to address, address
index, integrate link- with address callback
etc.). That would also fix the fact that currently, you don't know which IPv6
address has changed.

Simon