lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] A new users request for help with sending TCP Packets o

From: mitchj
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] A new users request for help with sending TCP Packets on Demand
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:06:28 -0700 (MST)

Thank you,

I have read that page, and actually lept ahead to 2.0.0, it was an easier
upgrade than I expected. Further, I was able to get a basic example working
sending a string through a client. For now I have only a couple of questions
to help me in my design. I need to expand this so that I can send data from
anywhere in my full application.

So first off:
Is it best to attempt to keep the connection awake, or should this
connection be closed and opened for each transaction? Further, with a client
is there an equivalent of an accept callback that could open the connection
when the server decides to push data to the client? ... I'm probably
revealing how new I am at this.

Second:
How might some of you recommend queuing data to be sent from outside of the
lwip client. As in, my application wants to send data to the server, how
should it get that data into the client? I was thinking I'd write a function
that took raw data and added it to a buffer chain or something like that.

Am I on the wrong path?

Regards,