lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP Client - wait for ACK after each packet causes

From: Adrian Figueroa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP Client - wait for ACK after each packet causes slowdown
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:38:00 +0000

I worked on the problem and it is now solved.

The problem:
Only the tcp_sent() callback called the next tcp_write() after the previous
write was finished. Tcp_sent() is probably only triggered by an ACK from the
other side. So, my code waited for the ACK, effectively.

Now, I use tcp_write(), called from a function that runs every few
milliseconds. When there is no data left to write, tcp_output() is called.

Some pseudo-code:

=== Regularly called function ===
Check If data is available
        Yes? --> call tcp_write
        Yes, but less than TCP_MSS? --> call tcp_write and then tcp_output
        No? --> do nothing

Best regards,
Adrian