lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Port to Stellarisware

From: Nathan Hartman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Port to Stellarisware
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 10:31:30 -0500

On Dec 20, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Ben Stuyts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TI’s Stellarisware library for the LM3S series chips uses lwIP v1.3.1. By any
> chance, has anybody ported lwIP v2.0.3 to Stellarisware?
>
> They basically #include all the lwIP *.c files into a single lwiplib.c file
> and compile that. Also not sure if their own interface/porting layer code is
> compatible with v2.0.3.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Not sure if LM3S is the same family or related to TI's Tiva-C a.k.a. TM4C
family (TI bought Stellaris and renamed it to Tiva) but what Ben describes is
exactly how TivaWare implements lwIP.

TivaWare is TI's driver library / bare bones framework for the TM4C family.
It's stuck on lwIP version 1.4.1. As far as I know TI did not express any
interest in updating TivaWare to use newer lwIP.

We want to upgrade our code to 2.0.3 as well. If anyone knows of a working port
for this platform or what adaptations must be made then please point us to it.
Ben, if none exists then perhaps we can combine our efforts.

Thanks,
Nathan