lwip-users

[lwip-users] Crash when doing stresstest with ppp and sockets/UDP

From: zulu4711
Subject: [lwip-users] Crash when doing stresstest with ppp and sockets/UDP
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:43:47 -0700 (MST)

I'm slowly working my way thru a setup with LWIP (2.0.3). So far success rate
is pretty good :)
I have a testsetup running on a PC (windows) using the sys_arch of the
"contrib" with my own modifications to the main application. The setup uses
PPP over a GPRS modem. Between the PPP and the modem I have implemented the
GSM Mux protocol (to be able to send/receive AT commands while there is an
active data connection for the PPP).

This is really not important with regards to what I see.....

The test starts 4 threads, two of them sends and receives data over sockets,
the two other threads sends/receives data over UDP. All of this works for
days and days without problems.

But! I have now added some code that simulates random disconnects on the
GPRS modem, effectively by dropping DTR randomly, and making the application
do auto-connect. This works some of the time (can run for days if only 1
thread does UDP send/receive), but it fails very quickly when running with
the 4 threads....

The crash happens always when the line is dropped and PPP reports
PPP_PHASE_ESTABLISH (6) or thereabouts. I get a protection violation in the
socket send function (I have a feeling that the send function is in the
middle "of its thing" when the connection is ripped away.

So, I might be doing something completely wrong, but I have come to a halt
with good ideas :(

I hope someone can shed some light or guide me in the right direction....

Attached some stuff from the problem

<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1962/Udklip.jpg>

<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1962/Udklip1.jpg>

<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1962/Udklip2.jpg>

I can also include code, lwipopts etc, just let me know!