lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Randomly delayed frame (STM32070 package including LwIP

From: stevestrong
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Randomly delayed frame (STM32070 package including LwIP v1.4.1)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:15:28 -0700 (MST)

Jason, thanks for your comment.

I saw that no Rx packets were ever lost, no Rx/TX buffer over- or under-flow
ever occurred.
That finally made me think on DMA and PHY.
I realized that currently my PHY works in 100Mbp half-duplex mode, and that
could eventually be a problem, when many packets arrive and the PHY tries to
send some data in the same time (although the PHY should probably manage
this).

Then I found on Internet a site which offers a solution for DP83848, a patch
for MBED ETH lib, to work in full-duplex mode.

I implemented it, and ... voila: no more lost packets in 100 tries!
No more delayed packets. Success!

So I can conclude that the issue was most probably due to the heavy traffic
when PHY is working in half-duplex mode.
Does this make sense?

Anyway, thank you all for the invested time and effort, I really appreciate
it.

Steve