lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Randomly delayed frame (STM32070 package including LwIP

From: stevestrong
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Randomly delayed frame (STM32070 package including LwIP v1.4.1)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 04:27:06 -0700 (MST)

> Actually, it is the MAC that has to handle half-duplex retransmission,
> not the PHY. The PHY can report "half duplex" via MDIO as a result of
> autonegotiation, but if the MAC is not set to half duplex, too, you'll
> get lost TX packets.

Simon, your right. Indeed, the MAC that should take care of it.
I checked: although the MAC was correctly set up in half-duplex mode, too,
but the low level driver did not take care of any error bits generated by
the MAC during collisions.

Anyway, now works correctly in full-duplex mode.

Jason, my project is nothing special, a home server running on Arch Max v1.1
board, based on the  Arduino_STM32 core
<https://github.com/stevstrong/Arduino_STM32>  .
I am now struggling with HTTP SSI and CGI stuff, but this is subject of
another topic.