lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] https mbed TLS lwip

From: Mário Luzeiro
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] https mbed TLS lwip
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 18:55:41 +0000

Hi Trampas,

I had an experience with lwip, mbedTLS and https (all using latest versions
from repositories)
It took a loooong time to me to make it (kinda) work.

The problems I had (some similar than yours and lots of others) was a
combinations of multiple factors:
- MCU drivers bugs (on my case the ST DMA issue).
- MCU limited resources: use the faster options you can get for encryption,
limit the use of memory and allow TLS cache usage.
- Memory and parameter configurations: since browsers can fire 4 .. 8
connections to get the page, you will need to allow all that connections to be
accepted.
- Parameter configurations: you will have to fine tune your parameters to your
use case and resources limitation.

You will have to debug a lot, using webbrowser, wireshark and so on.. until o
find the best parameters for you.
What you are describing looks the browser can make the first connections and
then it cannot make new connections because there are no slots left.

Mario