lwip-users

[lwip-users] IPv6 source address selection for loopback destination

From: James Ko
Subject: [lwip-users] IPv6 source address selection for loopback destination
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 16:37:34 +0000

I have an application that adds a tunnel interface with a link local address,
fe80::2.
On the same device another thread creates a listen socket using the ipv6
loopback address ::1.  This is the first part of a socket pair.  When trying to
connect to the loopback address I'm finding the source address selection is the
link local address of the tunnel interface rather than the loopback interface.
The connect fails since the tunnel forwards all packets to the other end.

Is there something that needs to be done in the tunnel interface or connect
procedure that will enable correct source selection or loopback connections
when the tunnel is up?
Is this a bug in the source selection?

I have tried with LWIP_HAVE_LOOPIF alone and with LWIP_NETIF_LOOPBACK
configured.

Thanks,
James