lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip 10Gbit

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip 10Gbit
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 16:22:35 +0100

Am 02.02.2021 um 10:19 schrieb giuseppe di marco:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using LWIP on a Zynq UltraScale+ for a 1 Gigabit UDP connection. I would
> use it at 10 Gigabit. Is this speed supported?

That largely depends on what you mean by "supported". lwIP itself knows
nothing about the actual connection speed. Being like that, you need to
make sure your PHY and MAC drivers support it.

Then, you need to know at which actual data rate you want to transfer.
I'd assume getting full UDP througput at 10 Gigabit will be quite tough.

But this largely depends on both the MAC driver and the optimizations
you do for lwIP (e.g. enable hw checksum features, improve memcpy code,
ensure you use zero copy transfers, improve cache invalidation or use
coherent access, etc.).

Lastly, the speed of both CPU and RAM will have an impact.

Regards,
Simon