lwip-users

[lwip-users] Incorporating lwIP Into VisualGDB Project

From: Curtiss, Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] Incorporating lwIP Into VisualGDB Project
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:47:50 +0000

Greetings lwIP users. I’m an experienced embedded systems developer but a complete newbie to lwIP, and I have a newbie question.

Background:

I’ve inherited a project into which I want to incorporate lwIP in order to add TCP/IP. The application is bare metal, based on the STM32F407, on a custom-designed board. The development environment is Visual Studio with VisualGDB.  I have no experience using make files. I have no significant experience with Unix: all of the development tools I’ve used have been Windows-based.

I’m struggling a bit with incorporating the lwIP source code into my Visual Studio project. From what I’ve read so far, I think I need the files from ‘core’, ‘include’, and ‘netif’. I’ve noticed that although these files are distributed in a hierarchy of directories, the paths in the #include statements often don’t reflect that hierarchy, which makes this more confusing to a newcomer like myself.

I haven’t been able to find any tutorial type of documentation for bare metal implementations that address the organization of the required files.

Question:

What files do I need to incorporate into my project and do they need to reside in a specific hierarchy of directories, or can they all reside in my project directory?

Thanks,

BobCurtiss