lwip-users

[lwip-users] SNMPv3 ready for production?

From: Jan Dospěl
Subject: [lwip-users] SNMPv3 ready for production?
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 13:30:05 +0000

Hi all,

I have ported SNMPv1+v2c from IwIP to embedded stack at WiFi SoC CC3220. Its works like a charm. But now I considering add support for SNMPv3.

I found at file snmp_opts.h note that SNMPv3 is experimental and under development. It is recommended to use SNMPv3 at production code or not?

I know that I will need to implement own functions like a snmpv3_auth(), snmpv3_crypt(), etc. I will use hardware acceleration inside CC3220 instead mbedtls code.

Thanks,

Jan