lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mDNS behaviour on IP address change

From: massimiliano cialdi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mDNS behaviour on IP address change
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:31:47 +0100

continuing to read RFC 6762 at section 8.4
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6762#section-8.4) I find:

At any time, if the rdata of any of a host's Multicast DNS records
changes, the host MUST repeat the Announcing step described above to
update neighboring caches.  For example, if any of a host's IP
addresses change, it MUST re-announce those address records.

This is exactly the case I was describing.
I have tested both the 2.1.3 release of lwip and the current master. In
both cases mDNS doesn't re-announce.

I believe this can be considered a bug.

best regards

Max

Massimiliano Cialdi
FIRMWARE ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL LEADER

Powersoft S.p.A.
Via E. Conti, 5 - Scandicci (Fi) 50018 - Italy
OFFICE:    +39 055 7350230