lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Playing dot mkv files in LYNX?

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Playing dot mkv files in LYNX?
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 14:40:05 -0500 (EST)

>> audio/mkv; mpv --really-quiet
>> --audio-device=alsa/plughw:CARD=AudioPCI,DEV=0 '%s'; nametemplate=%s.mkv
>> video/mkv; mpv --really-quiet --no-video
>> --audio-device=alsa/plughw:CARD=AudioPCI,DEV=0 '%s'; nametemplate=%s.mkv

> Shouldn't the --no-video option be on the audio one?

Maybe, but maybe not.  That would be entirely appropriate for someone
who wants to hear the audio track while suppressing the video track.
It's not needed for audio/mkv because there's no video to suppress in
that case (well, assuming the MIME marking is accurate).

As for why someone would want that, well, I can guess, but it would be
nothing but guesses.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse@rodents-montreal.org