m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Is non-ASCII input possible in m17n input methods?

From: Zoltan Hoppar
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Is non-ASCII input possible in m17n input methods?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:58:42 +0200

Hi,

I see your trials. But why you choose as base the US/EN 101 keys
layout? Every keyboard layout starts with EN, then extends to
alternatives, gets modifiers in conf files?

As I see, I hope I understand it right - in xkb config contains group
definitions, and I think - the easier path would be to pick and modify
the hu latin keyboard layout group, and create a new subgroup. That
way, if I save as a new group, and include as a new definition within
the HU xkb conf - perhaps can work. Also as I see the xkb hu conf
contains letter changes, and defines the QWERTZ layout too. English
layout hasn't got this - and worse, because 101 keys not enough to
cover the 105 keys plus combos. But maybe your german keyboard could
be enough for start, as it has the same QWERTZ layout, but with less
modifiers as I know. Wouldn't be easier this way?

However, when I have checked IBus typing booster, within the settings
are 2 method - normal and hunspell. If I activate the hunspell HU-hu
settings, in the preferences options tab provides enough settings to
get proper setups. My question is using XKB or Ibus-typing-booster
configs are the easier or cleaner? Can we modify or clone the original
settings, rename it - and get available by Ibus-typing-booster, Ibus
configs?

Zoltan

--
PGP:  06853DF7