m17n-list

[m17n-list] Chrome behavior for m17n lookup table based IME

From: Santhosh Thottingal
Subject: [m17n-list] Chrome behavior for m17n lookup table based IME
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 09:28:52 +0000

Dear m17n team,

I came across this bug https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=609435 with Chrome for Malayalam swanalekha input method(attached and an older version available in m17n-contrib repo too).  This input method follows lookup table mechanism similar to the one used from zh-util.mim

Basically, the content in predit is repeating in every commit-preedit trigger, or a new key sequnce is started.

The input method works perfectly fine with Firefox or any other application in Linux. Only chrome 50+ has the above mentioned issue.

I guess is it is a bug in Chrome, but I would like to verify if I did something wrong in the mim that can cause this particular behavior.
--
Santhosh Thottingal
http://thottingal.in