m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Can I define a function in a .mim input method file?

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Can I define a function in a .mim input method file?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 22:30:13 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Chen, Chien-ting" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've read the macro used in the si-wijesekera.mim and vi-base.mim file.
> Nevertheless, I found that the macro doesn't accept any argument.

Sorry for the very poor language, it is not designed as a real
programming language.  If some input method needs a real programming, it
should be provided by an external module (dynamic library).

> Is there any workaround or any way to solve the problem?

There is a very dirty trick of using a character in the preedit area as
a value holder, but...

> I'm curious that I should use the variables defined in the main
> program before calling a macro.

Basically yes.  If you explain the actual problem, I'll be able to show
some solution.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden