make-w32

RE: Automatic prerequisite generation

From: Heiko Gerdau
Subject: RE: Automatic prerequisite generation
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:08:13 +0100

Thanks for your answer. Motivated by your hint I played around with the
for loop again and yes, you are right, its not the for loop on which
make fails, it's the substitution of the parameter %d. While playing
around I figured out that the following works:

@for %%d in (dir1 dir2) do $(MAKE) -k -r clean srcdir="%%d"

But this double (%%) is designed only for batch-files. The above command
does not work when typed in directly in a command shell. Is there a
particular reason why make uses the batchfile mode of shell commands?

Greetings
Heiko