make-w32

Apologies for repeat post [was:Re: Automatic prerequisite generation]

From: Mike Capp
Subject: Apologies for repeat post [was:Re: Automatic prerequisite generation]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:27:46 +0000

... I'd just subscribed and accidentally posted from an account that didn't match the subscribed one. I assumed at the time that my original post had just been redirected to /dev/null, but apparently it's been sitting on a moderation queue somewhere. Anyhow, sorry 'bout that.

Incidentally, following up on another previous post of mine, I tried GCC's new -MP switch and it does exactly what it's supposed to. Which means that if you can assume GCC version 3.something, you can implement Paul's advanced automatic dependency generation technique with only two rules and no sed whatsoever.

Well, it cheered me up.

- Mike