make-w32

kindly reply

From: Arun Prabhakar
Subject: kindly reply
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:02:17 +0600 (IST)

sir,
	i followed the instructions carefully in the readme file for
win32 and i am using the windows 98 OS.this is the path where i have my
VC98\bin C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin and
just ran vcvars32.bat in DOS in the correct path. then cd to
C:\make-3.80 and ran build_w32 and i got the following
errors. C:\make-3.80>echo off "Linking WinRel/gnumake.exe" LINK
: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
"w32\subproc\winrel\subproc.lib" "WinRel build failed" i dont get
any output in my WinDebug and WinRel(gmake.exe) i also tried the
other option of setting the environment variable step 1,2,3 and ran
nmake /f NMakefile. it says it could not locate nmake.exe in VC++\bin
folder which is present over there. if i might have made mistakes in
setting the path please set the path details for me i have specified my
locations also. please tell me the location of cl.exe and link.exe in
my windows98. i am using this gmake for running libsmi in
windows98.please do share if you have knowledge on this
libsmi. please reply to me at the earliest to run this properly in my
system without any errors of installation thanking you.