mediagoblin-devel

Re: #5608 (Images marked "failed" at restart)

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: #5608 (Images marked "failed" at restart)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 18:01:54 +1000

Hi Fernando,

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021, Fernando Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else have seen this issue: #5608
>
> The problem is that images upload and process correctly but after
> mediagoblin service is restarted they are marked as 'failed',
>
> A few months ago I started debugging but I've been busy and did not
> make much progress. There is a workaround described in the link but
> I think that a proper fix should be implemented.
>
> I think not many people have gotten this bug so maybe it is
> something specific to my environment.
>
> What version of RabbitMQ is tested against?, I'm using 3.8.2
>
> Also I'm not familiar how python dependencies are resolved, maybe
> the versions of celery and kombu play some role in the bug.

Can you tell me whether you are running Postgresql or Sqlite3 as the
database please? I saw some similar suspicious error messages while
doing some testing with Sqlite3, but I haven't run into any issues on
the sites I run that use Postgresql. I'm interested to know if that's a
coincidence or not.

Regards,
Ben