mediagoblin-devel

Re: Development Ideas for MediaGoblin's Docs

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Development Ideas for MediaGoblin's Docs
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:15:47 +1000

Hi Jgart,

Thanks for the suggestion of mkdocs. Sphinx/reStructuredText is defacto
standard for the Python community, which means that although it may not
be perfect, it's familiar to many.

Technology switches like this need to be really game-changing to justify
the effort, not to mention breaking a whole lot of existing links. From
the end-reader's perspective, we'd put in all this effort and they'd see
no tangible improvement.

I'd much sooner see yours or others time spent on improving the existing
documentation or writing more. If you'd like to contribute in this are,
our plan is to bring the most valuable content across from the wiki into
the official documentation - we'd appreciate your help. That said, it's
actually very difficult to write good documentation unless you're very
familiar with the project, so unlike some people, I don't think it's an
easy path for a new contributor.

Regards,
Ben