mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] Error in TCP-MIB

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] Error in TCP-MIB
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:53:59 +0100

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 07:04, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the 2.2 version of the Mibble. While working with the
> TCP-MIB I found that the children of tcpConnEntry in the
> ArrayList are not in the order in which they are in MIB.
> specifically the tcpConnState is item number 5 although in the
> MIB it is the first. I don't know whether this is a feature or
> the expected behaviour but I did not face the problem with some
> other MIBS that I tried.

Ok, confirmed. The ObjectIdentifierValue class makes no promise
regarding the ordering of the children, but I agree that it
seems to do something weird in this case. Looks like the
tcpConnState child ends up last, while the rest keep proper
ordering. I'll dig deeper into this.

> Also please can you add a function in ObjectIdentifierValue to
> retrieve the whole ArrayList children as it is cumbersome to
> get eqach child separately. I wanted to sort the ArrayList to
> solve my problem but their was not way to get the whole ArrayList.

Ok, I've fixed this. It'll be out in version 2.3 that I plan
to release real-soon-now (tm).

> Thanx in advance

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,