mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] MIB File Parsing Problem

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] MIB File Parsing Problem
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:24:14 +0200

Hi again,

Checking the MIB file with Mibble 2.4 I found a small
bug in the MIB. Please correct it in the MIB file in
the following way:

On line 300:
                    other(9),

Replace with 3 new lines:
-- FIX: removed the superfluous comma (,) on the next line
--                    other(9),
                    other(9)

Of course it would be nice if Mibble could disregard this
syntactical error in the MIB file. It's not a trivial fix,
however, as it requires some changes to the grammar itself.
I'll nonetheless consider adding a fix to report these types
of minor syntax errors as warnings for the next version.
Here is the bug report:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=9610

Cheers,

/Per

PS. If my replies are a bit slow these days it's because
I'm on vacation and being offline from time to time.