Re: monit l.l p.y

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: monit l.l p.y
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:01:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:
>
> > CVSROOT:    /cvsroot/monit
> > Module name:        monit
> > Branch:
> > Changes by: Christian Hopp <address@hidden> 03/06/18 04:34:00
> >
> > Modified files:
> >     .              : l.l p.y
> >
> > Log message:
> >     Service names are not anymore restricted by reserved names.
> >     It is now possible to contruct service checks like,
> >
> >     check process ssh pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
> >
> >     or
> >
> >     check process check pidfile /var/run/check.pid
> >
> >     or even (compatibility to old syntax)
> >
> >     check check pidfile /var/run/check.pid
> >

> Mmmph... I haven't thought about DEPEND!
>
> I think we can do it if we change the syntax to,
>
> DEPENDS foo, bar, foobar
>
> with ",".

I have a patch ready!  With the language above we can use DEPEND(S)?
without reserved word restrictions.  That means the DEPEND syntax has
changed!  Gimme your votes on that one please... +1 is mine!

Additionally the l.l code is improved, no additional function are
used.  Everything is handled with conditions.

And finally I got rid of the yyunput warning... because I need
unput(). (-:

Please no syncs,  until I have synced this one!

CHopp

PS:  Language hacking gives you really headache!

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113