Re: monit beta versioning

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit beta versioning
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:05:56 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> i think it will be usefull to name beta versions as
> monit-4.0-beta1.tar.gz (or similar way). It will be possible to
> differentiate it from stable release and from other beta releases
> (for example we have fixed space usage related bug - in the case
> that there will be another bugs solved, we can release second beta,
> etc.

Okay, I have put up a new beta with the latest device changes and
called it monit-4.0-beta2. I'll try to remember to do this the next
time.

BTW, are we confident in the code to release this week or should we
let the beta run out this week? If we should release this week, we
have a release window until Wednesday, because releasing late in the
week is not a good chooice.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland