Re: BSD testing

From: Martin
Subject: Re: BSD testing
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:23:43 +0200

The syntax for device stuff is simple, the simplest portable form:

check device with path /
  if space usage > 90% then alert
  if inode usage > 90% then alert
  alert address@hidden

It is more safe to use block special device in the path instead of mountpoint.

You can use uid, gid and permission tests too (i don't know BSD - the bellow
uid, gid and permissions are used on debian), for example:

check device with path /dev/ad1s4
  if failed uid root then alert
  if failed gid disk then alert
  if failed permission 660 then alert
  if space usage > 90% then alert
  if inode usage > 90% then alert
  alert address@hidden

Martin

--=-+WFTldleB6cbp/IJn6RI

Actually, what would really help would be if someone could send me a
real world snippet of monitrc to test the device stuff - that's been my
hangup so far is that I haven't had the time to understand the syntax
and make a working monitrc with the new stuff.

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 16:09, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:
>=20
> > We should wait on rewriting this till the next release. I believe that
> > much of the code can be made common by using sysconf and other portable
> > calls. I hope to be able to combine much of the sysdep stuff into one
> > file. (In between my day job, of course which has gotten annoyingly bus=
> > 8-))
>=20
> Okay, but I think the patch is a good one so we should try hard not to
> forget it for the next 4.1 release. BTW, how are things at your end
> Rory? Have you had time to test more on your various *BSDs platforms?
> Do you feel confident in releasing monit now for FreeBSD and OpenBSD?
--=20
Rory Toma               address@hidden
VP of Run Level 9       http://www.trs80.net
Digeo Digital           http://www.digeo.com