Re: [Arkadiusz Miskiewicz] use /proc/meminfo instead of /proc/kcore (cor

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Arkadiusz Miskiewicz] use /proc/meminfo instead of /proc/kcore (correct version of the patch)
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:41:03 +0200

----- Původní zpráva -----
Od: Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden>
Datum: Úterý, 9.září 2003 - 1:09 dop.
Předmět: Re: [Arkadiusz Miskiewicz] use /proc/meminfo instead of /proc/kcore
(correct version of the patch)

> Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > We should wait on rewriting this till the next release. I
> believe that
> > much of the code can be made common by using sysconf and other
> portable> calls. I hope to be able to combine much of the sysdep
> stuff into one
> > file. (In between my day job, of course which has gotten
> annoyingly busy
> > 8-))
>
> Okay, but I think the patch is a good one so we should try hard
> not to
> forget it for the next 4.1 release.

I think we should add it to 4.0. It is not problem to rewrite it later (in 4.1
for example), but this patch won't hurt and will solve issues mentioned by
Arkadiusz.

The release cycle of monit was long now => it is better to add functional
solution and improve the code later.

Lets vote :)

+1 for adding it to 4.0

Martin